Affiliate marketing is the type of services where companies selling their goods and services pay commission for the mediation. Compared with the Google Ads marketer doesn’t have to pay for the clicks. You only need to pay for the result which is purchasing. Therefore, your investments are going to make you successful.
Types of the members
There are 5 categories of members in the affiliate marketing:
- Customer. This is a site or landing page made for one product. Additional sales after the first purchase is an only one exception. Advertisers pay only for the people who download a free version of the product, buy goods or services, subscribe to the newsletter or many others.
- Affiliate (publisher). This word means a person who makes a profit from conversion – freelancer, group of the people or advertising agency. This is an owner of the site where advertising is placed. Every affiliate gets the unique link for offer promotion. These goods are available for advertising on their blog. For instance, if affiliate have a beauty blog, he can place there a link to the offer about cream that can rid a person of wrinkles. If there is no blog which affiliate owns, he can create a landing page with the selling article and find the methods to engage the target audience to this article and connect all links with the offer.
- CPA network. This is a mediator between affiliate and advertiser. There are account managers in the CPA network, who communicate with advertisers and affiliates. Managers add all offers on the specific platform which help everyone understand the quality of the advertising campaign. People who work in CPA networks seek for new offers. The good networks are hard to access because collaboration with good affiliates is very important for them. For example affiliates can bring bots or illegal traffic. Also networks have to ensure that there are no problems at any stage of the sales funnel.
- Advertising platforms. A lot of offers are forbidden for the Google or Facebook advertising. The most successful affiliates know how to avoid these limitations. But there is no need for it because of a big amount of alternatives: your own blog, the organic social media promotion (for example, site https://tube.biz can help to increase the quantity of real subscribers), native and banner advertising, teaser networks. Before advertise starting you’d better call or write to the account manager of this platform and consult with him which types of offers are the most popular at the certain time. And only after this you are supposed to choose the offer. Mostly account managers are kind-hearted and they will help you to tune your advertising. Very often they do it autonomously. Moreover, they can create landing pages for you!
- Analytics systems. They are created to help people to understand how effective the campaign is.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Affiliate Marketing
For the affiliate:
- He can offer additional products to the clients.
- You can earn money when you sell products which cost more. And you don’t need to invest money in logistical, financial support or back office administration.
For the seller:
- You don’t have to pay your partner while you don’t get certain results.
- This is the cheapest and the most effective method of the product promotion.
- Targeted advertising for niche segments.
- Countable method of advertising of the products or services.
- Enhanced brand coverage.
But affiliate marketing can have some disadvantages, that must be taken into account when you want to promote your product or place an advertisement to your site or blog.
- Some marketers are accused of spamming. They want to promote their programs but they don’t have good knowledge how to do it. Collaboration with these partners can bring a lot of problems.
- Websites, made from affiliate links, are usually perceived negatively by search robots because they there are no qualitative content on them.
- You are supposed to understand that people mostly don’t purchase anything while they visit websites for the first time. You can understand when a potential client visited the page with an offer firstly, using saved on his browser cookies. If a client makes a purchase on a future visit, the sale will be written to him.
If you want to know more about affiliate marketing, you can read more on Wikipedia. Also you can read about the first steps here.
To sum up, affiliate marketing is a high-effective promotion sphere. There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages which it owns.