UPDATE DEC. 28, 2012: After 3.5 years of independent production, the pipeline’s founder now works full-time as a neighborhood reporter for DNAinfo.com. For much more current news on the ‘hoods of Wicker Park and Bucktown than what you’d find here, please visit http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/wicker-park-bucktown
“About Us” prior to Oct. 1, 2012:
The Pipeline is comprised of content creators, sponsors, and reader-contributors. Together, we share as much news as possible, with a “hyper local” focus on the Chicago neighborhoods of Wicker Park and Bucktown.
In June of 2011, after two-plus years of weekly e-publishing (we launched a weekly subscriber-only-e-newsletter in April of 2009, using Constant Contact software), we set up virtual roots on the ‘Net, at chicago-pipeline, with the assistance of Jason Hinkle of Very Simple.
In July of 2011 we published We’re in the Neighborhood, an 84-page pocket-sized printed booklet featuring many of the people and businesses in the area which inspire and inform our weekly content. On December 1, 2011, we published Celebrate! Wicker Park and Bucktown, a magazine edition co-published in collaboration with Our Urban Times.
On June 1st, 2012, we published a summer edition of the pipeline featuring over 100 local advertisers. Here’s where to find it.
We prefer to stay focused on unique and interesting people and places and events, of which there is no shortage in the diverse neighborhoods of Wicker Park and Bucktown– speaking of which, if you’d like a story assignment, send us an email or call 773-960-3997. Would you like to join our team? The more the merrier! Please include a link to your blog or clips and tell us your ideas for making the pipeline better.
Note: We differentiate sponsored from non-sponsored news. We do not accept food, services, etc. in exchange for editorial coverage, or if we do, it is clearly noted as such.
- Alisa Hauser, publisher, reporter, editor
- Philin Phlash, Roving Photojournalist
- Caitlin ‘CeCe’ Carroll, Fashion, Theater, Music, Social Media, Etc.
- Jon Graef, Maura McVey, Leah Viands, Daniel Gerzina, J.H. Palmer, contributing writers
- Joe R., Copy Editing, Special Projects
- Jason Hinkle, Pipeline website design
- Rick Liebenow, Josh Brown - Printed magazine ad design, layout, illustration
- Pat J. Daily, copy editing, theater reviews (2009-11)
- Nandika Gervais, CAPS/Links column (2009-Feb. 2012)
reader and sponsor feedback is posted on our blog.